“You whom I [the Lord] have taken from the ends of the earth, and called from its remotest parts and said to you, ‘You are My servant, I have chosen you…” (Isaiah 41:9 AMP, emphasis added)
Every one who is born again has been specially chosen of God. “You are God’s chosen and special people. You are a group of royal priests and a holy nation. God has brought you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” (1Peter 2:9 CEV). And because we (born again Christians) are special to God, He takes a keen interest in all that concerns us. With so much going on in the world that causes the hearts of men to quiver, we must hold the consciousness of our place in God.
There Is Nothing to Fear
“Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.” (Isaiah 41:10 AMP)
- Refuse to fear; there’s nothing to fear when God is with you. And the good news is that, ‘He is with you!’
- Refuse to consider all the things around you that cause terror and dismay. Pay attention to God’s Word.
- Anything that is prone to cause terror and panic in your life has to defeat God before it can defeat you.
- Do not observe the lying vanities (i.e. the challenges, pressures, difficulties). They cannot defeat God. They cannot defeat the God in you. The One in you is Greater than everyone and anything that is in the world.
- God holds you up and retains you with His victorious right hand. Who can even dare to snatch something out of God’s hand?
- We belong to Christ and no man can snatch us from God’s hand. Jesus said: “My Father gave them to me, and he is greater than all others. No one can snatch them from his hands” (John 10:29 CEV)
- No matter the challenges you may be facing, know that God is with you, strengthening you and hardening you to difficulties.
- He never said we will not have challenges. What He said is this: “When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up—the flames will not consume you.” (Isaiah 43:2 TLB)
- God holds us up. What does this mean? It means he retains us, preserves us, keeps our heads above the water, and gives us the upper hand in every challenge.
- Why does God specifically say He will uphold his chosen ones with His right hand, and not the left hand? The right hand signifies strength and dexterity. What God is saying is that He will uphold us with strength, power, efficiency and skill.